Nachos Libra, Sunshine Coast Nachos
The Sunshine Coast is served by a lone highway from Langdale to Lund with intimate coastal communities in between. Only a 40 minute ferry ride from Vancouver, yet one feels they have acquired that elusive “left it all behind” feeling. It is here that Nachos Libra will explore for nachos.
- Full-sized, ground beef nachos were ordered, but the kitchen never delivered the beef. One area of the nachos was smothered in cheese! 🙂 Otherwise, there was toasted cheese on top and some melted cheese in the middle layer.
- Vegetables comprised lots of red peppers, diced tomatoes, black olives & green onions.
- Sauces outlasted the nachos! Guacamole was included, but like the salsa, is poured from a jug into plastic, take out ramkins.
- The nachos were quite greasy. There were a few soggy chips in the middle deck with very few broken chips! 🙂 Grammas’ nachos were absolutely a full-sized platter! These were for sharing with People at a cost of $17.50. 🙂
- These nachos were eaten 24 July 2016.
I’m a Libra who loves nachos. I wasn’t always so obsessed. Nachos were plentiful & on most every menu. Just another pub grub option ordered so all could share.
Then I moved to Dublin, Republic of Ireland. The Irish don’t eat when they drink. “Eatin’s cheatin!” my Irish friends would intersperse amongst the witty, tavern conversation.
Well, I have to eat! I’m Chinese! So, I thought that if I ordered a platter to share, would it be more acceptable?
And then, nothing! No matter the menu, nachos were not on it. I began to compulsively search for pubs with nachos even when I wasn’t hungry. Slowly, incrementally, I displayed severe withdrawal symptoms. I began day-dreaming of those “corn-based” nachos back in Vancouver, Canada.
Finally, I’m back. I’ve been back for a while. And, at least once a week, I have a hankering for nachos that needs satisfying. Now I manage my obsession by tasting & sharing with you, my dear fellow tavern mates!
© 2015 Nachos Libra. All rights reserved; no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, without prior permission.