Nachos Libra, Okanagan Nachos
Many roads lead in & out of this South Eastern region in British Columbia known for its wineries, orchard fruit and outdoor partying. Yes, this covers a lot of area, so Nachos Libra had better get started on rating nachos in this section of the province!
- Full size nachos were ordered with grilled chicken. A diced up 6 oz. breast adorned the upper deck only. Toasted cheese was layered on top; the middle tier had been toasted too! 🙂 These nachos were likely baked twice!!!
- Sparse amount of vegetables; fresh tomatoe, splatter of green onion, black olives & there was the one random, whole fresh basil leaf. Not a veggie dish!
- Sauces are served on the side! Sour cream was declined in favour of double salsa servings. The ample & mild salsa was poured from a plastic jug that lasted!
- The chips were crispy with a few on the perimeter that were a little over-exposed to heat, thus taking on an almost burnt flavour. Many chips were broken shards, too small for scooping up salsa 🙁
- The Wrong Turn’s nachos are great value! The presentation states, “Yes, this platter is simple & filling!”. The nachos was on the small size, but cost was $14 ($10 nachos+ $4 real grilled chicken).
- Shards of chips, few vegetables & pre-made salsa all conspired to keep these excellent nachos out of the five chip league.
- These nachos were eaten 04 July 2016.
I’m a Libra who loves nachos. I wasn’t always so obsessed. Nachos were plentiful & on most every menu. Just another pub grub option ordered so all could share.
Then I moved to Dublin, Republic of Ireland. The Irish don’t eat when they drink. “Eatin’s cheatin!” my Irish friends would intersperse amongst the witty, tavern conversation.
Well, I have to eat! I’m Chinese! So, I thought that if I ordered a platter to share, would it be more acceptable?
And then, nothing! No matter the menu, nachos were not on it. I began to compulsively search for pubs with nachos even when I wasn’t hungry. Slowly, incrementally, I displayed severe withdrawal symptoms. I began day-dreaming of those “corn-based” nachos back in Vancouver, Canada.
Finally, I’m back. I’ve been back for a while. And, at least once a week, I have a hankering for nachos that needs satisfying. Now I manage my obsession by tasting & sharing with you, my dear fellow tavern mates!
© 2015 Nachos Libra. All rights reserved; no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, without prior permission.